Senior Fincrime Manager, Business Banking
Monzo (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
📍London OR UK remote | 💰 £72,000 - £100,000 DOE + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our FinCrime Team:
You should know that we fight Financial Crime a little differently at Monzo. You’ll work in a team with dedicated Financial Crime engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts, which helps us to spot, assess and prevent crime quickly. We choose not to split out different areas of crime, either. Instead we tackle all Financial Crime together as one team. That includes AML, fraud, sanctions, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion.
What you’ll be working on
We’re looking for an exceptional Financial Crime Senior Manager to drive forward the development of our Business Banking Fincrime capabilities. You will lead a team to deliver improvements to the Business Banking controls that detect and prevent Financial Crime risk across all our customers and delivery channels. Your technical knowledge will ensure we’re protecting Monzo and our businesses from all Financial Crime risks, but also ensures we maintain the exceptional customer experience Monzo is known for.
We need someone who really understands the Financial Crime regulatory framework, including expert practical knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to Monzo. You’ll also have expert knowledge in how to develop Business Banking systems, rules and models to most effectively detect and prevent all types of Financial Crime throughout the customer lifecycle.
Your day-to-day - what you’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the strategy for the development of Business Banking Fincrime controls across Monzo and leading the teams responsible for delivering improvements across the core systems.
- Developing strategic relationships with product/platform owners and senior stakeholders to provide expert fincrime knowledge and define business and functional requirements.
- Work closely with Product teams across Monzo to ensure the appropriate Financial Crime controls are in place to manage risks and support rapid and safe business growth.
- Coordinating the activity of data and machine learning experts to develop industry leading detection capabilities.
- Building a close relationship with our Fincrime operations teams, ensuring sufficient communication and knowledge sharing on improvements to Business Banking Fincrime capabilities.
- Defining and interpreting key measures and metrics on the performance of Business Banking Fincrime systems and reporting this to relevant oversight committees and senior stakeholders across the business.
- Proactively identifying and sharing emerging threats/trends, working across all Fincrime teams.
- Identifying the highest priority issues or problem areas and working with other members of the Fincrime Team to drive forward solutions.
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience working in Financial Crime and with systems used to detect and prevent all types of Fincrime.
- Have led the implementation of improvements to Business Banking systems in similar organisations.
- You have experience of leading a wide range of Fincrime professionals and technical experts
- You are passionate about Fincrime, Monzo and putting customers first.
- You enjoy working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
- You are comfortable working with data teams and can interpret and articulate patterns and trends in data.
- You're great at explaining processes and complex technical requirements to people in an easy to understand way.
- You’re comfortable working with product managers, engineers, data scientists and identifying operational requirements.
- You’re keen to get stuck in and make things happen, without waiting for someone else or always needing to delegate.
- You’re well organised and can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- You have a track record of demonstrating your strong decision making skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines simultaneously.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves the following stages:
- Recruiter call (30 mins)
- Initial Technical Call with Hiring Manager (45 mins)
- Case Study (45 mins)
- Stakeholder Management & Values interview (45 - 60 mins)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
What’s in it for you:
💰 £72,000 - £100,000 DOE+ Benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're equally open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Closing date: 6pm on 23rd November
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄