Frontend Software Engineer, Core Experiences
Lattice (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, NYC or Remote
1. Technical exercises based on work we do at Lattice 2. Discussion of a new architecture to solve a real world problem
$133,765 - $166,533.
Programming Languages Mentioned
This is Engineering at Lattice
Lattice’s Engineering team is continuously working to better both our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies. We strive for maintainable, robust, and performant code. We’re highly collaborative and continuously iterative and work closely with designers and product managers. We prioritize not only great technical architecture but also an amazing product experience.
The Core Experience team is focusing on delivering a consistent, easy-to-use experience across the common surfaces of the Lattice product suite. We are responsible for site navigation, information architecture, the admin framework, roles and permissions, and several core features including search, the org chart and company directory.
What You Will Do
- You’ll work within a cross-functional team partnering together from ideation to developing proof of concepts and ultimately launching new and improved core product experiences for our customers.
- You’ll build software to help companies build cultures in which their employees thrive.
- You’ll work with other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay Modern, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure.
- You’ll independently lead the execution of complex projects, including those that require cross-functional collaboration with product managers and designers.
- You’ll make contributions to our engineering practices, identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team output.
What You Will Bring to the Table
You have 2+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications.
- You take care to write code that works across browsers and platforms.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects, and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
You take pride in crafting an intuitive and delightful customer experience.
- You work well with designers and product managers to come up with optimal solutions.
- You enjoy finessing the details to get to pixel-perfect layouts.
- You care about consistency across products and love design systems with shared components.
New York applicants only: The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $133,765 - $166,533. The total compensation package may also include unit-based compensation and benefits. Salaries for other locations may vary.
**Note on Pay Transparency: Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired in New York as required by state regulations. Compensation for locations other than New York may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience. Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive 💪. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies. Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 4,600+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
What else does Lattice have to offer? We’re so glad you asked! We invest in our people’s personal and professional growth because that sort of growth begets business impact and personal fulfillment 🤗. We believe in the value of continued learning investments 🤓and reimbursements. We offer a competitive salary (including equity💸) and our benefits are thoughtful. We believe that taking the time for you is important and have a flexible vacation/time-off policy to prove it. We even incorporated Lattice “Recharge Days” 🔋to ensure you’re getting a break every month. Lattice has also implemented a 💻 remote-first hybrid model (team-dependent, you work from wherever makes you most comfortable). If that gets you excited, now is the perfect time to join; so bring your appetite for ownership and creation and help Lattice continue to grow! 🎉
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄