Senior Software Engineer - Platform (Backend)
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
We don’t hire based on experience with a handful of tools - experience with our stack is just a bonus. Instead, we want smart, capable people who can learn our tools quickly (and suggest new ones!) as needed. Some of the technologies that have been introduced by our great engineers include: Node.js, Java, Python, C#, etc.
- You will work with a wide range of high volume systems, processes, and technologies to build features and solve customer problems.
- You will build and ship new customer-facing features, working directly with a product manager, customer support team, and a team of engineers.
- You will collaborate with other teams (such as product, UX, and other engineering teams) to deliver the highest quality experience on all platforms.
- You will provide code reviews for your fellow team members.
- You, along with your team members, will own and maintain the production systems that you build over the long term, be on-call for production issues, and steer the future direction of the components.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful, large-scale, cross-team engineering projects
- You have a demonstrated ability to drive and improve a domain
- You are capable of leading technical discussions and help drive technical decisions within the team
- You are proactive and have great communication; you are capable of working highly independently with minimal supervision
- You ensure you completely understand a problem before proposing a solution
- You are an engineering generalist, you love learning new skills and technology, and are passionate about solving problems regardless of language or domain
- You are able to work in areas outside your comfort zone and are actively looking for opportunities for personal growth
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others
- You have 5+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- You have experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability,
- availability, and performance requirements.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- You have at least one web programming framework (e.g. Express/NodeJS, Phoenix/Elixir, Ruby on Rails).
- You have experience with tools that ensure your high-quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Learn more about our culture by checking us out on Instagram @PagerDutyLife!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄