Enterprise Security Engineer
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, C++, Python
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an Enterprise Security Engineer
The mission of Aurora’s Enterprise Security Team is to enable users to securely access information and resources needed to work efficiently. We do this by identifying, reducing, and mitigating risks. We perform assessments to identify risk in business processes, threats to employee endpoints, business applications, and third-party services. We then build and implement solutions to mitigate these identified risks. We also assist with security investigations, incident response, and threat hunting.
This role is focused on securing infrastructure and service providers used in the enterprise ecosystem across on-prem, cloud environments, and SaaS applications.
In this role you will
- Consult with IT and other business units to enhance security across the enterprise
- Create automations to solve security problems at the root
- Contribute to the design and development of engineering solutions that support enterprise-wide security initiatives
- Perform risk assessments and threat modeling exercises to identify risks in home-grown and third-party services and application
- Develop security requirements, standards, guidelines, and policies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the information security space
- Ability to write quality, robust, testable code in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go, C, C++)
- Experience communicating risks and resulting mitigations to business owners
- Experience with SaaS, Cloud, or OS security
- Experience collecting and analyzing security logs and related telemetry
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional projects and roll outs
- Experience with DevSecOps, CI/CD, and associated technologies (e.g. Git, Terraform, Puppet)
- Experience performing system or network architecture reviews
- Experience with security analysis and SIEM operations (e.g. Splunk, ELK, Panther)
- Experience assessing risks related to SaaS applications, including driving improvements from vendors
- Experience of cloud environments and related security considerations (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience securing operating systems (Linux, MacOS, Windows, and ChromeOS)
- Experience with distributed systems, cloud security, or cloud networking
- Experience with big data tools and methodologies (e.g. SQL and data warehouse technology)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄