Claims Adjuster, Commercial Auto
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
$75,000 - $105,000
The Claims Adjuster role will be responsible for ensuring quality claim file handling by investigating, negotiating, and resolving both first party and third party property damage and bodily injury claims. Must have expertise in commercial auto coverage, and experience in multiple states. Must be able to develop and execute claim handling strategy and manage the activities. Claim handling may include litigation, assignment of defense counsel, and development of litigation strategy to ensure cost effective resolution of all claims. The individual in this position will also ensure claims are processed within company policies, procedures, and individual's prescribed authority with exceptional standards of performance. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
How You’ll Do It
Technical Claim Handling
- Handles all assigned claims promptly and effectively which may include complicated and catastrophic losses. Makes decisions within outlined authority, and recommends settlement values in the disposition of the claim.
- Establish and execute appropriate action plans for claim resolution for claims being handled directly including loss cost management while achieving appropriate balance between allocated expense and loss outcome.
- Review and make decisions on auto estimates completed for both third and first party claims including total loss.
- Communicate with insureds, agents, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, vendors, and other partners to facilitate accurate, prompt claims resolution.
- Evaluate and resolve bodily injury and UIM/UM claims of varying complexity by promptly reviewing and responding to all demands, including time limit demands.
Claims Quality Assurance (QA)
- Responsible for ensuring claims are handled in accordance with established guidelines and service instructions.
- Ensure timely completion of file reviews, calibration sessions, and analysis reports.
- Identify claim handling trends by applying industry knowledge of the claims process, policies, procedures, and regulatory environment.
- Communicate findings and recommended actions to all stakeholders, including Claims leadership and the vendor partner.
Claims Customer Service
- Assist as necessary in providing claim status to agents, insureds, coverage verification, escalations, etc.
- Participate in interactions with adjusters and claims partners to drive optimal claim outcomes.
- Work to continuously improve our claim operation and look at opportunity gaps in claim service, handling, protocols, and processes.
The Right Stuff
- 5 years of Commercial Auto claim handling experience in handling both bodily injury and auto physical damage claims, preferably with litigation experience
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and experience in claim adjudication in multiple states
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools, Microsoft Office suite
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Base Compensation Range for position: $75,000 - $105,000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄