Remote (View all Jobs)
1. Call with a recruiter (if needed) 2. Call with manager, code exercise, call with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
You'll be joining 100 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into development teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
You will be part of a QA team that together with the engineers covers the full quality scope of the application. Together with your team members you will ensure that engineers have the right tools and processes to deliver world class quality products.
You will mainly be focusing on a limited scope of the product, where you will work closely with product managers, engineers and designers in order to stay up to date with the latest changes. We write tests in Cypress and we use Gitlab for Continuous Integration and Delivery. In order to succeed in this role we believe that you are comfortable taking initiative, communicating and collaborating with different people from different parts of the organization.
What this job can offer you
- Be part of opening up the world of work for every person, business, and country, no matter where they live
- A direct impact on the organization’s overall quality mindset
- An opportunity to be part of defining and improving the overall QA processes
- A lot of freedom to organize your work
- A lot of variety in your day to day work! You will be working with manual testing as well as writing automated tests. You will also communicate your ideas and advocate for quality across the organization.
What you bring
- Significant experience as a QA Engineer or similar position
- Experience within Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Expertise within Cypress or Selenium
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- You'll report to: The QA Team Lead
- Team: Engineering - QA
- Location: APAC or EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Application Review
- Value Alignment Interview with recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager or VP of Engineering
- Code exercise
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄