Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Simulation)
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora is looking for talented people to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
Our Simulation ML and Data Science team is responsible for developing data-driven approaches to advance the development and help validate the safety of the Aurora Driver. We build technology that helps make the most use of our on-road data by improving signals from simulation tests and creating variations that challenge the Aurora Driver’s capabilities. We help establish offline testing as a trusted and efficient complement to on-road driving.
We are currently searching for an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to further improve our world-class simulation framework for testing autonomous vehicles in virtual environments.
In this role, you will
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms for intelligent actors and scenario variations.
- Develop learned metrics to improve insights from simulation experiments.
- Improve the efficiency and accuracy of our simulation tests to ensure they reflect real world performance.
- Write tools to support simulation workflows and visualization.
- Design and implement simulation components in Python (eg. for tools and model development) and C++ (eg. for core engine functionality)
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience. 3+ years of industry experience for BS and MS
- Solid Python and C++ programming fundamentals
- Practical understanding and experience with modern ML model design and development
- Strong skills in algorithm development, fundamental probability and statistics
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience with simulation, perception or motion planning for autonomous vehicles.
- Knowledge of Pytorch or other ML frameworks
- Experience deploying ML models in production environments
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄