Senior Engineering Manager- Automation
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Senior Engineering Manager - Process Automation Team
at PagerDuty (View all jobs)
AsSenior Engineering Manager of the Process Automation team, you'll lead a group of talented software engineers that are building PagerDuty’s Process Automation On Prem software. This product was acquired by PagerDuty in 2020 and has contributed to the company’s accelerated growth and multi-product offering. Process Automation plays a critical role in the Runbook Automation offering released in 2022. These two products will grow hand-in-hand.
While you will start with managing one team, this role has the opportunity to grow to managing part of the Runbook Automation team as well. You will work in partnership with engineering leadership and product managers to evolve the Rundeck suite of products. If you’re looking for a high growth opportunity, this role is a good match for you.
We are looking for a driven individual with a strong track record of software delivery success and capability to develop effective relationships across teams. You are highly technical and have opinions on what good software and architecture look like. You are able to grow and manage a team with diversity and inclusion in mind. Most of all you seek out high impact opportunities and just like to get things done.
Skills & Attributes
- You enable and empower the team to do great work beyond what you could accomplish on your own, not be a micromanager.
- You understand the balance between planning out work and just getting things done
- You have experience helping your teams consistently ship value to customers. You go out of your way to make sure that you articulate that value within, as well as outside of the team.
- You have experience hiring talented senior engineers and supporting them to do impactful work. You have also hired and developed junior engineers to realize their full potential.
- You have excellent ability to communicate in all directions of the org chart and understand the importance of laying out context for the team, instead of prescribing solutions.
- You have an opinion on what good engineering looks like.
- You have a good balance of when to empower your teams and get out of the way, and when to step in and help make some important decisions.
- You have experience managing on-premise software
- Oversee a distributed team of highly motivated engineers spanning all experience levels.
- Work with engineering, product, and UX stakeholders to facilitate project delivery.
- Collaborate with the team on setting the product and technical roadmaps along with plans for getting us there.
- Balance Engineering and Product work into the roadmaps and do the right thing with a long term view in terms of engineering excellence.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to your team to help them learn, grow and succeed.
- Attract, recruit and retain the best talent across the globe.
- Work with other engineering managers to help drive cultural changes across the organization.
- Participate in engineering on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- You have 10+ years of software engineering experience out of which 4+ years in Engineering leadership managing people.
- You have a proven track record of leading teams to deliver high impact work for the business
- You have an aptitude for managing full-stack teams.
- You have an understanding of on-premise and SaaS software systems and technologies, software development lifecycle and have a passion for reliable, scalable and maintainable systems.
- You have experience managing healthy, happy and high achieving teams.
- You have a deep understanding of Agile principles and know how to apply them effectively.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty verifies work authorization in accordance with the requirements of your local jurisdiction.
Learn more about our culture by checking us out on Instagram @PagerDutyLife!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄