Software Engineer - Motion Simulation
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Software Engineer - Motion Simulation.
In this role, you will
- Improving the realism, correctness, precision, or accuracy of simulated vehicle motion
- Reducing the cost of developing, running, and maintaining millions of simulations
- Automating scenario generation of on-road experiences using analytical or learned techniques
- Creating or extending software for world entities, adaptive behavior, pathfinding, road networks, computational mathematics, spatial queries, collision detection, vehicle control, vehicle dynamics, etc.
- Contributing to best practices on a large and complex code base
- Good development skills in C++
- Good sense of systems and data oriented design
- Understanding of common software performance issues and design tradeoffs
- Knowledge of linear algebra, computational geometry, or numerical methods
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Mindset for ownership, growth, and a bias for progress
- Customer orientation
- Rigid body simulation
- Automotive dynamics
- Motion planning, localization, or control
- Near real-time systems
- Performance profiling and optimization
- Lie Groups
We believe anyone has the potential to succeed on our team even if they do not have a background in automotive or robotics. We encourage people with a variety of technology industry experiences to apply.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄