Senior Software Engineer, Connectivity (India)
Mode (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite pair-architecting and discussion
Programming Languages Mentioned
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants from all states in India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to build data-driven companies. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
When you think of Connectivity, think of “Data In”. We focus on the gateway for customer data to get into Mode and all things related to that! We manage several services that help with:
- Getting customer data from external, customer databases
- Executing SQL queries to get that data in and pass it to downstream services via JDBC drivers
The future of the Connectivity team is bright! We are working on more diverse ways of getting data into Mode that aren’t limited to JDBC drivers and SQL. Our future goal is to build out an infrastructure to let third parties integrate with Mode directly.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
- Java 11, Go
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker, SaltStack, CloudFormation
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Circle CI
What you'll do and need to know
- Expand the supported database management systems and drivers for Mode
- Work closely with customers and solutions engineers to understand pain points and issues
- Research, architect and build bespoke solutions to solve our customers needs
- Serve as a technical SME for our solutions team and review/approve proposed architectures
- Investigate and correct escalated customer issues and bugs
- Provide ongoing training to our solutions and support engineers
- Provide a consistent feedback loop to product to help understand our customers challenges and solutions
What we look for
- 3-5 years of development experience in Java
- Strong experience with DBMS technologies (Relational, Cloud Based, NoSQL, etc)
- Experience working with JDBC drivers
- Comfortable working with Ruby
- Strong customer facing and communication skills
- Passion for teaching and mentoring internally and externally
- Love for building and improving processes
We are particularly excited if you bring experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄