Goalbook (View all Jobs)
New York, NY
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We're Looking For
At its core, this role is responsible for designing, optimizing, and managing Goalbook’s public website and keeping it in alignment with Goalbook’s visual identity.
Our ideal candidate is a keen web designer with experience in the education or social impact sector. As a professional, you’ve been the go-to web designer for an organization; you’re skilled at designing and implementing clean, user-friendly websites, you ensure every page is aligned to the visual identity of the brand, you like optimizing the website for speed and scalability, and you’re comfortable maintaining the fundamental technical components of the website to help prevent hacks, glitches, and broken user flows.
This is a remote position with some required travel, including onboarding, professional development, and team events.
This is intended to be a full-time position, though we are also open to part-time.
- Provide web design recommendations and clearly communicate design ideas to key stakeholders with user flows, process flows, site maps, wireframes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Implement web designs and regularly test them to improve the effectiveness and user experience of the website.
- Optimize Goalbook’s public website across browsers and devices, and for accessibility, speed, and scalability.
- Proactively back up, update, and maintain fundamental technical components of the website to avoid hacks, glitches, or broken user flows.
- Organize and manage all needed files.
- Design marketing emails and build them in our email marketing platform (Mailchimp) by using the email editor or HTML/CSS.
- Improve the website technical SEO.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years as a professional web designer
- Experience with WordPress design and development
- Fundamental understanding of search engine optimization principles
- Fundamental understanding of online user experience and A/B testing
- Proficiency in Adobe design software
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You will work with other teams including, Engineering, Partnerships, and Customer Success
- Limited travel is required for this role, including for onboarding, professional development, and team events.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in the K-12 education or social impact sectors
- $90–135k compensation range, based on experience and location
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave policy
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply to this Job” button below and fill out the form. Address your cover letter to Patrick McLaughlin and ensure you upload your cover letter and resume before you click “submit.” Your resume should include a link to your personal website that displays your web design work. Applicants without a cover letter and a personal website will not be considered.
For the safety of our team members and our partners, Goalbook has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy which may require you to be fully vaccinated to perform your role or attend in-person events.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!