Software Engineer II
Omada Health (View all Jobs)
1. Take home exercise and/or pair programming session.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Great software is the key to providing effective care at scale. As a software engineer at Omada, you will be a part of building flows to help inform people about what Omada is, connect people to the right programs for their needs, and iterate on the early member experience in the program. If you’re ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you.
Our core engineering practices are centered around empathy and sustainability. We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. We empower all engineers to design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. We value constant learning, teaching and recognize diversity of backgrounds, opinions and experiences are crucial to our success.
You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders and users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas. You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions and drive the technical decisions for delivery. You are motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work. You care about writing quality software and recognize that there are often many right answers. You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies and context. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members.
- Build, launch and maintain features and applications to help positively impact health outcomes and happiness of our members.
- Create and maintain tools that empower our care team and support our operations.
- Solve and own technical problems over a wide array of systems, processes and technologies. Partner with cross functional stakeholders to solve problems across the full product lifecycle.
- Research, adopt and advocate for new technologies
You will love this job if you:
- Want to make a difference in how people manage real life problems
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming, continuous delivery environment.
- Mentor and learn from teammates. Train and collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively
What you need for this role:
- 3+ years of experience building high quality production web applications in a team setting
- Deep experience with one or more MVC web application frameworks—think Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc. Rails experience is a big plus
- Experience building scalable APIs. GraphQL experience is a plus
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue, or Angular. All of us work up and down the stack, from styling to deployment
- Deep experience working with relational databases and modeling data
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Ability to work across multiple teams and comfortably navigate unfamiliar systems
- Ability to mentor and teach other engineers of the team and organization
- Empathy, a mindful collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Advocate for test-driven development, pairing, incremental refactoring and sustainable practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Full time role, must be able to work on W-2. Not open to C2C at this time
Technologies we use:
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Monthly mental wellness days
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada Health delivers integrated, virtual care across chronic conditions, a top clinical need for employers and health plans. By combining clinical best practices with the science of behavior change, Omada Health improves member health and reduces the cost of care. Working with over 1,700+ customers — including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s across a wide variety of industries — Omada delivers personalized interventions for diabetes, diabetes prevention, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues. All programs include integrated behavioral health support. Omada Health’s virtual care programs are clinically supported and evidence-based, with results published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. To learn more, visit www.omadahealth.com.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄