Engineering Project Specialist - PLM Manager
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Taipei City, Taiwan
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Engineering Project Specialist on the Hardware Engineer Team based in Taiwan, coworking closely with Digital Transformation Team. The Engineering Project Specialist will be responsible for setting up, configuring, and maintaining the PLM and all interfaces with the PLM Toolset (CRM, ERP, APIs) and working closely with various engineering teams, program managers, global commodity managers, product teams, compliance, finance and our partner manufacturers.
You are responsible for ensuring these critical systems are continually operational and implementing updates and improvements to increase productivity.
This role includes design of business processes and implementation of a PLM system along with document preparation for long-term implementation, planning for scalability and maintenance of the PLM.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the administration of the PLM systems & toolset, including defining & creating/modifying workflows, attributes, item configuration, custom fields, custom records, dashboards, templates, and reports.
- Be the primary contact within the engineering design organization for the PLM toolset and all the interfaces to that toolset, supporting the team.
- Partner with Helpdesk and be a point of contact between Samsara and the PLM toolset supplier/external PLM implementation partner.
- Be responsible for training colleagues, preparing instructions and user guides assuring that all processes and workflows are applied correctly.
- Ensure all necessary tools are connected to our PLM system to allow seamlessly integrated workflows for our designers.
- Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide risk assessments, and feedback on potential issues, develop mitigation plans and own solutions
- Participate with the development and maintenance of operating procedures and best practices.
- Author company standards, procedures, best practices guides, and reference manuals.
- Perform imports and exports data from the system to support 3rd party data exchange in compliance with all regulations and procedures.
- Audit business processes to ensure accurate and efficient workflows.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are in compliance with industry standards.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with PLM Systems - Propel, Agile, PTC etc.
- Experience with BOM Management Systems including document control, part numbering, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross-functional team environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills in English and Mandarin.
- A curious mind with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience implementing Quality Management Systems
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors including JDM partners
- Experience on teams shipping high-volume hardware programs
- Familiarity with the product development process
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄