Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure (Remote)
Updater (View all Jobs)
1. Begin-at-home assignment highly relevant to role 2. Present and discuss take-home during on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Most of us have moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well-funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly. We’ve redefined an age-old industry and thousands of moving companies depend on our category-leading platform.
We are looking for Cloud Security Engineers who are proficient in most aspects of cloud Security including identity and access management, defining organizational structure and policies, using 3rd party technologies to provide data protection, configuring network security defenses, collecting and analyzing event logs, operating as a technical lead during an incident responses event, and demonstrating an understanding of the applicable regulatory environment (e.g PCI, SOC 2, CMMC).
Cloud security engineers use technical guidance and engineering best practices to securely build and scale cloud-native applications and configure network security defenses within the cloud environment.
A Cloud Security Engineer enables our team to design and implement secure workloads and infrastructure in our AWS cloud environments. Through an understanding of security best practices and industry security requirements, this engineer will design, develop, and partner with DevOps to manage a secure infrastructure by leveraging our security technologies.
About the Role
- Deploy and Monitor Cloud Workload protections
- Roll out Web Application Firewall to internet-facing assets
- Integrating the vulnerability management software into our CI/CD Environment
- Remediate vulnerabilities and high-risk configurations in our cloud environment
- Operating and maintaining our stack of cybersecurity tooling
- Mature our Detection & Response Capabilities (e.g. detection as code, SIEM, SOAR)
- Performing security investigations
- Acting as a point of escalation from our Security Operations Center (SOC)
- 5+ years of security engineering experience
- Proficient in infrastructure management - Terraform or Cloud formation
- Proficient in a common development language - Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience protecting cloud-native environments
- Experience protecting regulated environments (ie. FISMA, FedRAMP, PCI, etc)
- AWS Certified Security or equivalent
Updater makes moving easier for the 12 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $450 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, Vista Credit Partners, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater has ranked on Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC in 2016, 2018, & 2021. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄