Global Operations Rotation Program
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
The Global Operations Rotational Program (ORP) is an 18-month leadership development experience that provides the foundation for a successful end-to-end operational supply chain career. Program cohorts participate in 6-month rotations in various functional areas such as Planning & Forecasting, Sourcing & Supply Chain Program Management, as well as Logistics & Orders Fulfillment to develop a deep understanding of the full value chain. The program provides the opportunity to design and implement new processes, develop subject matter expertise, opportunities to network with executive leadership, and contribute to Samsara’s business growth and profitability. Throughout the program, participants will work alongside a global team of seasoned professionals, have access to Samsara’s learning and development resources, and benefit from Samsara’s company events such as diversity & inclusion and health & wellbeing. At the end of the program, participants will have the option to select their preferred role within the broader Operations organization based on business needs. Candidates must have an interest in learning how an operations team works together cohesively to support the broader company’s success and provide a competitive advantage in today’s tough macroeconomic environment.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: The opportunity we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
- You aren’t a team player: Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze the tradeoffs of cost, quality, and responsiveness throughout Samsara’s increasingly complex supply chain, from materials procurement to last mile delivery
- Develop a deep understanding of Samsara’s vendor base in order to anticipate industry trends and track competitive forces for both materials and logistics and fulfillment services
- Adopt negotiation strategies to create optimal terms for sourcing to ensure business continuity while maintaining quality for hardware components, finished goods, freight rates, and warehousing services
- Build key relationships with cross-functional stakeholders in Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, and Customer Success
- Develop a deep understanding of new product introduction (NPI) launches and operational implementation
- Drive cross-functional projects focused on the Integrated Business Planning process and actively consolidate supply chain insights for senior leadership decision-making
- Conduct analytics on process value optimization, cost opportunities and risks, market intelligence and international dynamics to inform Samsara’s product and operational roadmap
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Pursuing an MBA degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations, Finance, Economics or equivalent, with expected graduation in 2023
- 2+ years of prior experience in engineering, manufacturing, operations or supply chain
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skill with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- High proficiency with G-Suite products
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail while never losing sight of the big picture
- Proactive, positive approach to problem solving while dealing with ambiguity, changing priorities, and business volatility
- Strong commitment to a career in operations or supply chain
- Exceptional team player mentality
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, Salesforce, Tableau, and planning systems (e.g. Adaptive)
- Strategic program and project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in simplifying complex information to multiple stakeholders
- Desire to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience and drive to engage in complex negotiations
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
- Programming capabilities (SQL, Python)
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄