IT/Devops Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Airtable (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
$158,950 - $207,056
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
The flexible nature of Airtable’s product translates to many unique infrastructure engineering challenges. We’re looking for engineers who are excited about implementing a secure, reliable and performant cloud infrastructure. This role will be involved in day to day management and automation of our cloud infrastructure and to provide assistance for Airtable engineering teams in resolving issues, onboarding, and utilizing infrastructure services. In this role, you will interact with many engineers from a wide range of teams at Airtable and gain a broad understanding of cross functional relationships and processes.
As an early member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to influence the vision and strategy of a rapidly growing team, and help with hiring and mentoring new team members.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Be a foundational member of the cloud infrastructure pod
- Help new hires with onboarding and continuously improve the Infrastructure onboarding experience.
- Manage access, credentials, and permissions into our various environments and systems.
- Monitor, prioritize, and update cloud infrastructure ticket queue in a timely fashion.
- Build automation and runbooks for many repeatable infrastructure tasks.
- Continuously work to improve and integrate processes and systems to ensure we are providing the best possible services and support
- Aid in the triage, research, and resolution of help and project requests from our partners across engineering.
- Work closely with security teams on cross functional tasks which help boost the security posture of Airtable’s infrastructure.
- Monitor and refine our alerts and notifications for critical infrastructure services.
- Help maintain existing compliance standards such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001 and acquire new compliance standards by building in compliance requirements and participating in audits
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience who is willing to learn new technologies and apply them in a fast changing environment
- You enjoy solving operational problems and automating away infrastructure tasks.
- You strive to create good experiences for internal customers and partners by quickly addressing their requests, building easy to use tools, and communicating clearly
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern development practices and proficient in scripting and coding.
- Have a solid understanding of systems engineering principles, troubleshooting, and administration of cloud based environments.
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, networking, and other common infrastructure systems.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $158,950 - $207,056 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄