Financial Software Engineer Intern
Galatea Associates (View all Jobs)
1. Take home technical assessment (can be waived for folks with non-technical background). 2. 30 min Google Meet Interview with a couple of associates to discuss background/experience and have a coversation around designing a simple software system. The purpose of this round is to gauge fit and communication skills. 3. 4-6 hrs remote consulting/technical interview on Google Meet with a couple of associates where we explain a real-world financial problem (no prior financial knowledge necessary) and discuss the design before you solve the problem in an Amazon Work Space setup for your use with your language of choice (Java/Python). Candidates are free to chat with the associates throughout the interview to clarify questions. We convene at the end to discuss progress towards the solution. 4. Cultural fit interview with a few associates to help answer any questions about the work and culture at Galatea
Galatea is looking for Financial Software Engineer interns to join our growing team! We are at the center of the digital revolution in finance and are looking for engineers who want to help build and improve key systems used by our Capital Market clients.
As a Financial Software Engineer intern, you will participate in the definition, architecture, and building of strategic systems that facilitate access to trillions of dollars worth of liquidity and capital around the world. In this role you will have the opportunity to do hands-on programing in addition to interfacing with clients.
Access to liquidity and capital makes an incredible difference in people's lives every day by allowing them to make contactless payments, get microcredit loans, buy houses, start small businesses, and more. As a Galatean, you will provide a direct impact on streamlining these processes and making them more accessible to everyone!
A look into your internship:During the beginning of the internship, you will:
Headquartered in Somerville, MA and with branch offices in Tampa Bay, Durham, and London, Galatea Associates is a highly-focused software consulting firm that specializes in providing bespoke technical solutions to capital markets firms. At Galatea, our Associates know both the business and the IT infrastructure of our clients’ operations and we are uniquely positioned to help bridge the communication gap between the internal business and technical teams for our clients. Our clients call on us to collaborate with them throughout the entirety of project life cycles and we assist them in overcoming whatever challenges they encounter.
Our strengths have always been in our people and our core focus is on providing a collaborative environment with highly engaged employees while maintaining impactful delivery to our clients. We strive to provide transparency into our internal operations and include ideas and feedback from Galateans as company decisions are made. Our ambitions are high and our people help us to attain our goals year after year!
Benefits you’ll Love:
- A positive and collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to work with different clients, technologies, and projects while maintaining the stability of knowing and trusting your employer.
- Interesting Wall Street work within a fun and casual environment.
- Weekly employer-sponsored catered training lunches.
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks! We keep our office fully stocked.
Additional Item to Note:
Due to the strong collaborative nature of our culture, this role will be a hybrid model requiring three ‘core’ in office days and two ‘flex’ optional work from home days.
- US Offices - 'Core' in-office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Monday and Friday are 'flex' optional work from home days
- UK Office - 'Core' in-office days are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday and Friday are 'flex' optional work from home days
Interns are paid on an hourly basis and are able to work up to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
The future is bright at Galatea and we are looking forward to finding perfect candidates to join our team and help us continue to grow and innovate! We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!