Security Operations Engineer
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Security team?
As a Security Operations Engineer at Calendly, you will be responsible for investigating and responding to alerts and incidents related to all aspects of a modern SaaS application delivered via a cloud-first technology stack. This includes informing our Security Operations strategy as well as running the day-to-day operations functions supporting our rapidly growing, remote-first company.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Hands-on building of our operational security practice in a cloud-first environment across the following functional areas:
- Product and cloud infrastructure (both AWS and GCP)
- SaaS vendor security
- Corporate Endpoint and IT Security
- Creation of security operations playbooks and automation of processes
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Excited to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing security program and modern SaaS company
- Someone who has worked incidents and done basic forensics in cloud production and IT infrastructure and is able to take broad direction rather as well as task-level instructions
- Hands-on experience with working with modern SaaS security tooling and systems including Sysdig, Google Security Command Center, or AWS security tools
- Experience deploying and tuning with vulnerability management systems
- Experience working in and with an insourced and/or outsourced SOC
- Basic scripting/coding experience and/or experience extending off the shelf tooling to get the job done
- Experience monitoring alerts from a variety of sources and collating signals for investigation
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄