Operations Intern - Summer 2023 (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Operations at Brex
The Operations team is the bridge between our product and our customers. Our priority is to keep our customers happy and their businesses protected, while delivering vital information back to our internal teams. We are responsible for underwriting all of our customers, while simultaneously managing Brex’s risk exposures. We work cross-functionally with Risk, Compliance, Data, and Engineering to allow Brex to scale efficiently, keeping quality top of mind.
The Operation Internship Program
Throughout this 12-week program, interns will be placed amidst our Operations teams focusing either on risk management, cash operations, credit policies all the while contributing to critical process improvements and developments. Interns will also be assigned a summer project focused on solving various Operations challenges.
- Maintain day-to-day tasks assigned by team
- Analyze business inefficiencies and propose solutions to our leadership team
- Working cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, Data, and Product to improve existing processes, and create multi-team procedures
What We Require:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (on track to graduate by May 2024)
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and insight of business concepts and processes that are needed for making decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while successfully adapting to change
- A keen interest in business operations
- Experience in financial modeling, data analysis, or a similar area where you have applied your knowledge of techniques and tools to promote effective analysis
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams as well as independently
- Experience in SQL and Looker reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to convey complex and relevant information to a wide range of audiences
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄