Quality Insights Analyst, Financial Crimes
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Each day, bad actors disrupt the trust and safety of the internet and increase the barrier of entry for online businesses. The Financial Crimes team ensures that our platform remains safe, and that prohibited parties are not allowed to utilize our services.
What you’ll do
The Financial Crimes team is looking for an experienced Quality Insights analyst to conduct quality reviews and oversee the day-to-day quality assurance of the Financial Crimes operational team. The right person for this role has an eye for detail, is obsessed with quality processes and outcomes, and values efficiency. The Quality Insights analyst will be joining a highly collaborative global team that supports the broader global Financial Crimes department at Stripe. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting quality audits and providing oversight and maintenance of the process to measure and improve the quality of our financial crimes work. A successful Quality Insights analyst will have a concrete understanding of the online financial crimes landscape in the payments/FinTech space, a forensic ability to detect root causes of human error, and an innovative mindset to recommend process improvements that eliminate errors.
The right candidate for this role will have experience in financial crimes compliance, preferably within the fintech or e-commerce space.
- Conduct quality evaluations of financial crimes review cases
- Oversee and refine Quality evaluation plans in accordance with applicable policies and procedures for Financial Crimes at Stripe
- Be responsible for drafting and circulating detailed monthly QA reports outlining the QA scores and trends observed, clearly articulating any issues noted and remedial actions to be taken
- Work cross-functionally with senior financial crimes stakeholders to formulate remediation action items and ensure timely compliance with the associated action plans
- Draft regular reports for management, highlighting the results and recommendations for mitigations
- Maintain clear and organized documentation in relation to how Financial Crimes quality assurance is structured, including sampling logic and coverage of the QA oversight
- Maintain a critical eye on the effectiveness of the Financial Crimes team, and drive experiments on and improvements to the quality oversight program in order to increase confidence in the Quality evaluations
- Participate in financial partner assessments,regulatory examinations, and audits as requested
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Minimum 4 years of experience across quality assurance and/or controls testing within a Financial Crimes environment
- Quality metrics development experience
- General awareness of money laundering, terrorism financing, and sanctions trends and regulatory developments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-moving operational environment and navigating ambiguity
- Knowledge in payments and the fintech industry
- Familiarity with SQL and ability to use template or premade SQL queries as part of investigations
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄