Senior Software Engineer- Developer Productivity
Omada Health (View all Jobs)
1. Take home exercise and/or pair programming session.
$166,400 - $208,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Golang, Ruby, Python
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company, and are looking for an experienced engineer to join our growing team. Our program supports people in making lifestyle changes to improve their health, and ultimately, their lives. As a key member of our Developer Productivity engineering team, you will play a role in empowering our engineers with developer tooling, and work closest with our Platform Engineering team. We provide developer tools: tools for GitLab CI/CD, Kubernetes deployments, our Postgres database operations, shared gems and libraries (e.g. secret management, monitoring), and more. Most of the tools are written in Go.
You are experienced in Go, and willing to learn other languages that we use at Omada. You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders and users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas. You work directly with other engineering teams to design solutions and drive the technical decisions for delivery. You are motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible solution. The ideal candidate has experience building tools and applications, and is willing to interact with multiple teams as stakeholders.
Requirements for this role:
- Proficiency in programming with Go (e.g. You wrote CLIs, you know how to test your code, you understand concurrency, etc).
- Building, deploying, and/or hosting Docker images and containers.
- Experience building, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines. (e.g. You’ve used one of the following or similar technologies: GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc)
- Comfortable with Linux and the command line.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal. Skilled at writing documentation for others.
- Willingness to learn new languages to support the organization.
You will love this job if you:
- Want to make a difference in how people manage real life problems.
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming, continuous delivery environment.
- Mentor and learn from teammates. Train and collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively.
- Have an interest in working in a DevSecOps culture - we’re moving towards this. For example, our CI/CD pipelines have some automated security testing.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with APM tools (like Datadog or New Relic)
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Python
- You will be part of the development and operation of Omada’s digital health program, providing tooling for other engineers to use the Platform.
- You will work with developers to design and improve developer tooling and capability, such as secrets-management or development environments.
- You will likely pair-program with the engineering teams.
- You’ll work closely with the product engineering teams and other technical teams.
- You’ll build cross-functional relationships with software engineers, data scientists, and technical program managers to understand stakeholder needs, and deliver on those needs.
- You will build, maintain and troubleshoot CI/CD infrastructure.
- You will mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering organization, including developer productivity and system observability.
- You will ensure that our tools match our policies (and that our policies match our tools).
What does the interview process look like:
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is an outline of what we expect the process to look like and there's a chance that it may change. Most of all, we try to be mindful of your time.
- 30 minute phone screening with one of our amazing recruiters.
- 45 minute phone screening with the hiring manager for this position.
- 60 minute hands-on to debug a Golang web application and optimize the Docker build.
- 60 minute hands-on to work on a small app and create a Docker + CI/CD configuration for it.
- 30 minute check in with the hiring manager.
- Final wrap up call with one of our recruiters.
- Reference checks.
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Monthly mental wellness days
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada Health delivers integrated, virtual care across chronic conditions, a top clinical need for employers and health plans. By combining clinical best practices with the science of behavior change, Omada Health improves member health and reduces the cost of care. Working with over 1,700+ customers — including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s across a wide variety of industries — Omada delivers personalized interventions for diabetes, diabetes prevention, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues. All programs include integrated behavioral health support. Omada Health’s virtual care programs are clinically supported and evidence-based, with results published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. To learn more, visit www.omadahealth.com.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Below is a summary of salary ranges for this role in the following geographies:
New York State and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $166,400 - $208,000, Colorado Base Compensation Ranges: $149,760 - $187,200
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄