Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, ETL, Python
What we're building and why we're building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years, we will become a global platform that will completely transform how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a SQL Developer. You will build a highly performant data lake and warehouse that integrates with the tools leveraged by our Data Analytics, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop amazing solutions using the best technology for any given use case.
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Model and analyze data utilizing SQL best practices for OLAP / OLTP query and database performance
- Develop on a real-time OLAP database (Druid, and work with distributed processing engines (PrestoDb or Trino, Hive)
- Leverage Data Build Tool (DBT), Snowflake, Airflow, AWS infrastructure, CI/CD, testing, and engineering best practices to accomplish your work
- Generate innovative approaches to datasets with millions of daily active users and terabytes of data
- Communicate findings clearly both verbally and in writing to a broad range of stakeholders
- Test, monitor, and report on data health and data quality
The ideal candidate:
- Are proficient in SQL and understand the difference between SQL that works and SQL that performs
- Have worked with data modeling and orchestration tools
- Have experience with relational (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), and/or object data stores (e.g., Snowflake, MongoDB, S3, HDFS, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Have a solid understanding of ETL vs. ELT processes, data warehouses, and business intelligence tools
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- Bonus Points:
- Have developed and maintained DBT or Airflow in production environments
- Have experience programmatically deploying cloud resources on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Have successfully implemented data quality, data governance, or disaster recovery initiatives
- Are proficient in at least one imperative programming language (i.e., Python)
- Love Dogs! . . . Or at least tolerate them. We're a very canine-friendly workplace!
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 3% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive PPO and HDHP plans (Dental | Vision | Life Insurance) in addition to pet insurance, fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Chicago or Birmingham 1 - 2 times per week. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄