Project Assistant, Advocacy (Fixed Term)
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
$63,059 - $77,073
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organisation. Our mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all! Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto and in 2020, we launched a multi-year investment strategy focused on advancing “Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence” globally. Our strategic plan on Trustworthy AI is described in greater detail here.
We are seeking a Project Assistant to support our Advocacy team. This new role will support the smooth planning and delivery of key advocacy projects, including campaigns, research and communications/marketing projects. A core focus of the role will be to implement new systems and procedures across our team, and support Advocacy Directors, Leads and Program Manager/s to manage schedules and workflows seamlessly. This role also supports the Mozilla 25 project around key administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for building a more open, secure, and inclusive internet, contributing to the development and execution of quality programs, and an interest in developing outstanding systems for work that is core to our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
This role reports to the Program Manager, Advocacy.
Advocacy Project Coordination (50%)
- Use and improve project management templates to support team in developing and delivering complex projects on time
- Use project management software to develop project workspaces and track updates/progress
- Develop and maintain project documentation
- Maintain team project calendar, and coordinate as needed with other teams across the Foundation regarding project timelines
- Monitor project timelines across other Mozilla teams to identify potential conflicts or connection points
Advocacy + Mozilla 25 Administrative (50%)
- Support Advocacy Directors in scheduling and key administrative tasks such as calendaring, credit card expense reports, and contracts
- Support all scheduling + logistics for ‘Mozilla 25’ communications project
- Schedule Advocacy team and cross-team projects meetings + work weeks
- Support key, regular team reporting requirements including project documentation, lobbying disclosures and more
- Develop and maintain team document storage system and ensure timely updates
- Support logistics for team-wide events both in-person and remotely
- At least 3 years of relevant job experience
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with many moving pieces
- Basic project management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team setting across time zones; you know how to collaborate and also when to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Trello and Airtable a plus
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. In these locations, we target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range. We also welcome applications outside of our key locations. We are reviewing our compensation in other locations and can provide more information about salary as part of the recruitment process.
- Germany: €56,878 - €69,517 (mid-point: €63,198)
- UK: £31,687 - £38,729 (mid-point: £35,208)
- Canada: $63,059 - $77,073 (mid-point: $70,066)
- US: $56,234 - $68,731 (mid-point: $62,482)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £34,539 - £42,214 (mid-point: £38,376)
- Toronto: $68,041 - $83,161 (mid-point: $75,601)
- New York: $62,307 - $76,153 (mid-point: $69,230)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄