Staff Backend Engineer
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Software Engineer, Data Engineering to join Aurora’s Data Engineering team. The Data Engineering Team is responsible for building reliable, high performance, and cost efficient data solutions and data ecosystems to enable Aurora to accelerate autonomy development.
In this role, you will
- Design and build data services and tools to enable users to self-service their data ingestion pipelines, data warehousing, analytics, and visualization/dashboarding needs
- Collaborate with our stakeholders (Perception, Motion Planning, Simulation, VO, and others) to onboard their use cases, and gather user feedback
- Proactively identify potential gaps in our infrastructure and tools to better streamline the user experience
- Proficient with one or more OOD programming languages (Python, C++, Go)
- Experience building data services and toolings to support complex data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Knowledge of reporting, dashboarding and visualization tools like Periscope, Mode analytics, Tableau, and others
- Fundamental understanding of the big-data analytics framework and ecosystem
- Knowledge of AWS Data Lake architecture (Glue, S3, Athena, Lake formation), and related data services
- Good understanding of open source data technologies like Airflow, Spark, Flink, Iceberg, Pandas dataframe, ELK stack, InfluxDB, etc.
- Comfortable working with Terraform, Docker, Airflow, and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience of working with large data volumes and backend services
- Experience with highly scalable and reliable production system
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄