Manager, Integrations Engineering
Pie Insurance (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Technical screen in the form of a pair-programming session to debug and test existing code 3. Final round is a multi-round session that typically includes demonstrations for backend, frontend, and design skills (and they are collaborative in nature) but are not odd Leetcode style questions. There is also a cultural/behavioral fit round, but that does not involve coding/design demonstrations.
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, C, C#
The Manager, Integrations Engineering is responsible for leading the creation of an Integrations Discipline within Pie's Business Systems organization. The Manager, Integrations Engineering will own integrations related to our Product, Customers, Revenue, and Employee Experience. This individual will drive the implementation of an iPaaS platform (ex. Workato, Informatica, etc.), while implementing and maintaining new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms within our operational technology ecosystem.
The individual in this role will be both in a leadership role as well as an individual contributor, while working with the Director of Business Systems to shape the future direction, as well as the hiring needs of the Integrations discipline at Pie. This is a remote position.
How You’ll Do It
- Plan and execute the integration of new applications with existing systems and software.
- Plan and execute the integration of new application integration technology.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine integration needs and assess dependencies and risk.
- Draft technical designs, engineering plans, testing plans, sequence diagrams and other systems integration related documents.
- Develop and automate application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline for Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate on standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Work as a player/coach on multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Pie Insurance to provide integration and development services for strategic initiatives.
- Navigate ambiguity to provide direction to a future team of integration engineers.
- Design and maintain the roadmap for new integration implementations that bring the most value to the organization
The Right Stuff
- 5-7 years of experience directly related to Integration Technology with at least 2 years in a people leadership role (coaching, mentoring, lead role).
- Experience administering enterprise applications such as Salesforce, Financial Applications (Intaact, Netsuite, Workday Financials), HRIS Software (Namely, Workday, etc.), ServiceNow, Jira, Snowflake.
- Experience with some of the following technologies: iPaaS (Workato, Informatica, etc.), C# and/or .Net, Experience working with Object-oriented programing (ex. APEX), Unit Testing/Automation Frameworks, REST, JSON, Experience with Relational Databases (ex. PostgreSQL), NoSQL databases (MongoDB), Git, AWS, Azure, Postman, SFTP solutions (Ex. GoAnywhere), Stripe
- A willingness to to travel about 10% of the time.
Base Compensation Range for position: $125,000-$170,000
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO, including paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄