Leaf Logistics (View all Jobs)
1. 30 min screen w/ a lead engineer, discussing the company, role expectations, salary expectations, and interview process. 2. Candidate can choose from 3 options 1) 60-120 min assignment in any language/framework. Doesn't have to be perfect, and will test basic understanding of software engineering 2) Candidate can share open-source code or assignements from other companies 3) Discuss code we're working on right now (new functionality/bug) 4)Exceptional candidates can skip this step and have a 60 min discussion with the lead engineer and another team lead 3. 20 min call discussing the code provided and general tech discussion 4. 60 min call w/ CTO discussing the business domain, the company, and salary details
We are Leaf
Leaf is on a mission to upend the way companies buy and sell transportation. Every year, billions of dollars, hundreds of megatons of carbon and millions of person-hours are wasted because the companies who ship goods and the companies who carry them aren’t upfront about their needs and abilities. Our platform finds ways for buyers and sellers to contract binding commitments for plannable and predictable freight and allows those contracts to be traded when needs change. In time, Leaf will become the hub through which the trillion-dollar American freight market is managed.
We are a team of experienced, smart, and mildly disagreeable troublemakers who like taking on unreasonably big challenges; we know how to build things, we’ve lived what’s broken in this industry, and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us drag the transportation world kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
What will the Technical Assistant do?
The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring a tenacious team who are passionate and energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data, and a strong commitment to customers.
The Technical Assistant (TA) position is a critical and trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person to the CEO and Executive Team. You will help drive strategic business planning, support and manage key initiatives, and build and maintain key relationships across the company.
You will work closely with the CEO and Executive Team in the following ways:
● Serve as an air-traffic controller, trusted advisor and brainstorming partner
● Organize and manage schedules in line with company priorities and to maximize the efficiency of Leaf’s Executive Team
● Remain an integrator and communicator linking the executive team with the broader organization and ensure workstream remain connected
● Help strategic ideas take root and provide early facilitation between teams and individuals, until the appropriate functional ownership for a given strategic project is determined
● Ensure strategic projects remain aligned with Leaf’s vision, mission and strategy
● Identify potential constraints or delays that might impact execution against Leaf’s overall vision and mission, and quarterly OKRs, proactively managing issues as needed
Provide independent, informed, unbiased insight, including on the ground feedback
In summary: Integrate, communicate, prioritize tasks, strategically set meetings and ensure work is effectively managed across the Executive Team, facilitating decisions and ensuring progress, escalating to the CEO or others, as needed.
● Problem solve potential issues by identifying potential solutions and engaging the Executive or functional team leads, as necessary
● Monitor and communicate progress on key company KPIs, ensuring alignment with Leaf’s overall vision, mission and strategy
● Partner with the Executive Team to develop annuals budgets and plans, quarterly OKRs, and team performance and development plans
● Organize the development of monthly board meeting materials, investor updates, internal team updates and other Executive Team presentations
● Collaborate with the Executive and Leadership teams to report operational performance, including company-wide OKRs, team KPIs and status of key initiatives
● Capture opportunities for improvements across teams and functions
● Enhance transparency across teams, and ensure alignment to shared performance goals and targets
● Master’s degree preferred
● 5+ years working in a planning or management role (or equivalent experience)
● Experience managing teams, executing plans and bringing projects to fruition
● Familiarity with the complexities and pace of a startup environment
● Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
● Skilled at people management, and able to work in a flexible manner in line with company objectives, and to take on other duties as needed
● Experience in B2B, transportation, logistics and supply chain is helpful
● A track record in being an integrator and moderator for cross functional decisions, across a range of stakeholders
● Flexibility, tenacity and humor
Leaf offers a very comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, variable compensation and health benefits.
Leaf Logistics is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!