IT Site Reliability Engineer
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Perl, Python, Golang
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora’s Enterprise SRE team’s mission is to provide a highly reliable, performant and scalable enterprise infrastructure platform to support any of the software, hardware, and services developed and used by Aurora. This team is also responsible for designing, implementing, operating and supporting a robust Infrastructure platform at scale. We are searching for an experienced Enterprise Site Reliability Engineer with strong platform and infrastructure architectural experience that is excited to lead the design and development of a highly efficient and reliable Enterprise Infrastructure environment at Aurora.
In this role, you will
- Design, plan and build Aurora’s Enterprise Platform Environment (Client / Server / Cloud)
- Ensure that the Enterprise Platform environment is operating safe and efficient by monitoring performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware or software components and responding to various issues
- Create and implement changes in the enterprise environment.
- Develop best practices, processes and tooling
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Partner with internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our Enterprise Infrastructure Platform standards and ensure that they are deployed to these standards.
- Scale systems sustainably through tools and automation, and evolve systems by driving change that improves reliability and velocity.
- Work with other team members to analyze requirements or potential problems and proactively develop solutions and policy recommendations.
- Strong technical knowledge of Core Networking and Infrastructure
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux/Unix, MacOS and Windows environments
- Strong technical knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (i.e. terraform)
- Strong experience with programming and automation via Bash/shell scripting and Golang/Perl/Python programming
- Experience in cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Experience with Infrastructure automation tooling (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge of Network, Infrastructure and Platform Security
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing, planning and implementing network infrastructure spanning multiple regions
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Enterprise SRE
- A combination of various client, server and cloud certifications
- Extensive work experience in Client Platform Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering
- Ability and desire to write production-quality code in Golang, or Python
- Strong experience with Cloud Native Networking / Public Cloud (AWS) and infrastructure-as-code
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant work experience in designing, planning, and building large scale enterprise environments
- A history of giving back to the IT industry via open source contributions, published papers, or conference presentations
- Prior Experience in the AV industry.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄