Senior Financial Crime Investigator
Monzo (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
At Monzo, tackling financial crime is an essential part of what we do. We have specialised financial crime operational teams which we call ‘Pillars’ with each ‘Pillar’ focusing on a specific business area or set of risks and typologies. These include business banking, anti-money laundering / countering terrorist financing (AML/CTF), fraud, law enforcement engagement, and screening for politically exposed persons (PEPs) and sanctions, to name a few.
Anti-Money Laundering Senior Investigators are key to our strategy within financial crime operations. Their main focus is to support our Team Managers and Investigators in achieving excellent quality and maintaining strong performance while completing some of our higher risk, high complexity financial crime tasks.
Our Investigators are trained and focused on tasks related to their ‘Pillar’, allowing them to build subject matter expertise and help us protect Monzo, our customers, and our society.
At Monzo, collaboration is key, so we also work together across Pillars when required.
- Investigating complex or high-risk AML tasks.
- Writing and submitting high-quality suspicious activity reports (SARs) to the National Crime Agency (NCA).
- Performing quality control checks on some of our highest risk tasks.
- Approving tasks submitted by Investigators.
- Assisting Team Managers in answering technical escalations from their team.
- Coaching new team members or supporting technical development to improve quality or performance outcomes.
- Working closely with management and stakeholders to share emerging trends and embed guidance changes.
- 40 hours per week; 9AM - 6PM, Monday - Friday, with a weekend rotation.
- £25,000 - £33,000, depending on relevant experience or qualifications. You will also have access to a range of benefits including share options for further details please visit our website https://monzo.com/careers benefit page.
This is a remote (work from home) role, but you can be based in our Cardiff office if you would prefer to work in an office environment.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience in financial crime or fraud
- A strong understanding of financial crime trends and typologies, specifically anti-money laundering
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the UK Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) regime
- Able to give feedback with kindness to colleagues
- Excellent investigatory and decision making skills
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience conducting anti-money laundering investigations in a financial services operations setting
- Holds, or is working towards a qualification in Financial Crime, or similar industry qualification
- Able to identify areas for improvement and provide potential solutions
- Experience supporting your colleagues with coaching and reviewing their work
- The ability to proactively identify risks and propose solutions to mitigate them
We appreciate you may not tick every one of the boxes above but we would still be keen to hear from you if you have relevant transferable skills and a passion for fighting financial crime.
Closing date for applications is 29th September at 5pm and the first start date for this role is 14th November 2022. Please note that no holidays can be approved during the first 5 weeks of training.
Please apply for this job with your Monzo email address so that Greenhouse automatically tags you as an internal applicant. We keep our updates to email instead of Slack (so we can easily send from Greenhouse and keep proper records), so make sure you check your Monzo mail 😊
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for all of our *team hiring* to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄