Agency Sales, Ads
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
What we do
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations.
Mapbox Japan has built the world’s first map-based DSP (“demand side platform”), enabling developers to monetize maps in their own apps. We are committed to delivering best real-time and relevant location-based advertisements globally. We aim to provide advertisements that are relevant, personalized, and scalable.
What You'll Do
- Build strong partnerships with agencies through strategic initiatives to ensure long-term growth for both agencies and Mapbox
- Build and strengthen relationships with media, planners, and consultants of agencies
- Create new business opportunities by evangelizing, promoting adoption, and creating case studies new products
- Build and strengthen relationships with executives of agencies and become a trusted partner
- Effectively manage relationships with top advertisers and agencies in order to strengthen the partnership.
- Propose Mapbox Ads solutions to new and existing advertisers and advertising agencies
- Collaborate with the advertising agencies for making ad creatives
- Proactively identify and suggest new processes toward enhancing Mapbox Ads service and encourage feedback from customers to further strengthen our products and services.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 3+ years of experience in online advertising space in a sales or business development role
- Self-starter and Quick learner
- Fluency in Japanese is required. English proficiency is a plus but not mandatory.
- Existing relationships with advertising agencies, media buyers and technology decision-makers
- Support product development through collecting customer feedback
- Account Management experience in online advertising companies
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ANY RESUMES FROM THIRD PARTY AGENCIES.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄