Senior Software Engineer - Growth (Martech)
Ramp (View all Jobs)
New York, Miami, Remote
1. Phone interview on a basic applied problem 2. Followed by 2-3 onsite programming interviews that test practical day-to-day software skills.
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. More than 10,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and closing their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow at an increasingly large scale, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company in 2022.
About the Role
Ramp's Growth Engineering team ships software and infrastructure to acquire new business and expand existing business at scale. We experiment and analyze the best ways to grow and creativity is a must. We are a new and growing team so each individual will make an outsized impact. Learn more about our problem space and environment at our new engineering blog!
What You’ll Do
- Grow Ramp to its next millions of users & hundreds of millions in revenue through growth & marketing technology.
- Support our Marketing Technology, Growth Engineering, Data and Business Systems Teams by implementing, enhancing and transforming 3rd party tools and 1st party systems to meet our strategic technology goals.
- Be a key partner to our Head of Martech to drive engineering-focused outcomes and support this team in delivering on projects, implementations, initiatives that require code.
- Build and maintain mission-critical marketing systems through a mixture of 1st and 3rd party solutions. Example projects include:
- Gracefully decommission an email delivery tool, and champion the technical work required to transition to a new 3rd party solution.
- Drive the engineering scope and delivery of a unique, never-before-seen Internal CDP that combines 1st and 3rd party systems.
- Maintain and improve our leads database, including upstream data capture, enrichment and asynchronous routing across internal built tools and a 3rd party, Madkudu.
- Scope, build and help evangelize a core privacy database and safe, reliable front-end APIs for use across various departments to support our enterprise legal and compliance readiness.
- Scope, build, and help evangelize a centralized repository for email marketing preferences that spans multiple 3rd party tools (outreach, SFDC, segment, hubspot and sendgrid) and that is accessible in many platform environments including anonymous front-end environments, and back-end authenticated web, iOS, and Android environments.
- Re-image and build an updated marketing parameter system to capture a growing array of marketing URL strings, parse them with timestamps, and pass them to downstream tools. Collaborate with Business Systems to design and implement a better marketing and growth object, and update downstream systems, including Snowflake to ensure system capture and transition.
- Save the day for Product, Growth, and Marketing teams by instrumenting core analytics, identity and other events on the front-end to quickly deliver on campaign needs.
- Wherever possible, build automation and internal tools to support Growth and Marketing.
- Be a subject matter expert in martech engineering, educating and guiding other engineers across the various teams as it relates to martech concepts including but not limited to:
- 3rd party analytics.
- 3rd and 1st party identification, how we anonymize users, identify them, alias their ids, and how this works in various tools.
- Process for instrumentation and how to make schema on write viable as Ramp grows.
- Capturing, processing, storing and transmitting marketing related parameters. How these parameters transverse our systems and how we transmit them to 1st and 3rd party tools. Be a key contact to other engineers who have questions and want to use martech to grow Ramp.
What You Need
- A proven ability to write applications and high quality code for front-end, back-end systems.
- A multi-disciplinary background, and understanding of how many 3rd party tools work, including Snowflake, Segment, Amplitude, Hubspot, Salesforce, DBT and Hightouch.
- A dedication to first-principles problem-solving: you are as comfortable and supportive of implementing 3rd parties as you are of designing, building and maintaining 1st party solutions.
- A desire to be a subject matter expert in a growing and deely technical field (martech).
- Experience shipping fast, reliable, real-time applications using modern development tools and processes.
- An interest in working with people as well as writing code.
- A joy in serving & educating others, especially non-technical peers.
Nice to Haves
- Start up experience as a technical co/founder, growth, or data roles.
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄