Senior Platform Engineer, Developer Productivity
Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Seattle, Washington; San Francisco, California
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
$152,000 - $213,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform Organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world. Platform focuses around building a scalable and secure foundations platform, enabling Engineering to deploy, validate, and operate their services in production, improve resiliency of the service and increase organizational efficiency by reducing operational toil and increase system efficiency through architectural evolution.
The Role: Developer Productivity Platform Engineer
The Developer Productivity team architects, develops, supports, and operates the internal engineering serving services and toolsets providing capabilities empowering the software development life cycle. We provide solutions that power continuous integration and automation, continuous delivery that is not only fast but safe, and deep, operational observability of running workloads. Partnering with embedded SREs and our product engineering teams, we provide a developer platform on top of infrastructure consumable with an application workload focus.
You will be an integral part of providing self-service DevOps to all engineers at Gemini via the tools and services the team provides. Your work will empower engineers to deliver software features with more confidence, faster while reducing toil. As part of this work, you will accelerate Gemini product delivery which allows Gemini customers to do more with cryptocurrency in their daily lives. The team is growing and has opportunities for all levels of experience. The qualifications listed are beneficial if you have experience. Additionally, there are opportunities for personal growth if you have the passion to learn these areas.
- Continuous Integration systems
- Continuous Delivery systems
- Observability systems including:
- Logging, distributed tracing, metrics, dashboards, alerting, synthetic monitoring
- Gemini integration of third-party and open source off-the-shelf SaaS offerings
- Development of custom solutions in languages such as Python, Golang, Java, NodeJS
- Primary on-call operational and internal support rotation for these systems
- Experience with logging, monitoring, alerting systems such as Splunk/ELK, Telegraph/Prometheus, DataDog/New Relic, Sentry, and PagerDuty
- Focus on Automation and Infrastructure as Code using tools such as CloudFormation/Terraform/Ansible.
- Experience with infrastructure in any public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) with Kubernetes
- Workload encapsulation via virtual machines and Docker
- History of working with engineers understanding the challenge of creating and maintaining services and workloads
- Supported online systems in either primary or secondary on call
It Pays to Work Here
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $152,000 - $213,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄