Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$151,500 - $218,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Textio's mission is to build software that interrupts bias in communication and creates inclusive understanding between people. Our category-defining augmented writing products have already transformed companies' culture and language patterns, helping build more equitable workplaces. We’re looking for a creative and driven full stack Senior Software Engineer to join us in our mission.
As an engineer on the Organizational Health team, you will collaborate closely with engineers, designers, and the product team to create ground-breaking user experiences. We build web applications using technologies such as React, TypeScript, Redux Sagas, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Python, AWS Fargate, and Lambda.
You will be joining a welcoming and collaborative team at a company with language and data at its heart. We're seeking a new teammate who will bring experience, skills, and perspectives that complement and strengthen our own.
What you'll do at Textio:
- Work in a small, empowered team with teammates across Design, Product, Data Science, and Engineering to craft human-centric UX
- Develop rich user experiences built on RESTful web services, solving novel, challenging problems across the entire stack
- Lead technical initiatives from the early exploration of ideas to delivering integral parts of our stack, balancing short-term goals with long-term architectural vision
- Mentor others on the team to help them grow as engineers across many dimensions
- Be part of a culture that values collaboration, inclusion, learning, and experimentation
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 4+ years of experience writing production software across the stack with a cross-disciplinary team
- You take pride in crafting powerful experiences that are simple and intuitive for users
- You have strong systems-level thinking and can reason holistically about sophisticated architectures, from frontend UI to backend microservices
- You build those around you through mentoring, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of everyone
- You’re consistently curious about the technologies you use and take initiative to dive in, ask questions, and figure things out
- You are comfortable communicating your point of view and are curious to learn from others' points of view
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based. Our positions are open to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄