Analytics Engineer II (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
The Zebra (View all Jobs)
Remote - Austin, or U.S.
1. Take-home coding challenge 2. In-person review and pair programming.
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
The Zebra is seeking an Analytics Engineer II that will be responsible for helping us understand and curate our data. You will immediately contribute to the goal of demonstrating our rich datasets to make smarter business decisions. You should be ready to take ownership and have broad responsibilities within a fast-growing company in an extensive industry.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve shifted to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, or a mix of the two. We will NOT be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NJ, & NY.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure data is modeled properly so that others can develop dashboards and data solutions to support key initiatives within the organization
- Have a significant role in the design and development of our master data models
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources that we can use to leverage our existing data
- Work closely with other engineers, analysts, and collaborators across the company to identify data needs across the organization
- Document our data models and transformations to provide visibility
- Write tests around our data sets
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication with non-technical folks, collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 2-4+ years of professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with ETL
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Data Warehouses (we use Snowflake)
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau (we use Looker)
- Technical expertise in crafting and creating data models
- A passion for problem-solving with strong analytical capabilities
- A desire to follow outstanding software engineering processes, and familiarity with common engineering process tools like Github and Gitlab
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience with DBT
- Github profile or public code portfolio
- Advanced STEM degree
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄