Engineering Manager, Trading & Core Experience
Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from our NYC office or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Trading and Core Experience
The Role: Engineering Manager
As an Engineering Manager on the Trading & Core Experience team you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of web, mobile, and backend engineers who build the consumer products and trading experiences that users love within the Gemini ecosystem. You’ll support the learning and development of your team, build our product roadmap alongside your product partners, help the team quickly ship features and test multiple iterations, and steward our world-class engineering culture.
- Build and manage a cross-functional product engineering team and guide the development across our entire tech stack
- Collaborate with engineers, stakeholders and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap
- Provide a thoughtful and credible technical voice while supporting the team in making architectural decisions
- Own the team’s output, drive performance, and hold the team accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
- Be involved in all aspects of the hiring process: Hiring plans, interviewing, hiring decisions
- Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance
- Provide a equitable and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering & delivery
- 3+ years of managing engineering teams
- Technical aptitude to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Experience building and supporting large-scale consumer applications
- Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders and business owners.
- Experience leading teams through change
- Experience working with teams focused on high-cadence experimentation
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄