Ruby on Rails Engineer
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
UserTesting® was founded in 2007, crossed $100M in revenue in 2020, and began trading under USER on the NYSE in 2021. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with regional offices in Atlanta, Edinburgh, and Singapore. A trusted company by top brands for 14+ years, UserTesting has over 2,500 customers in 45 countries including more than half of the world’s top 100 most valuable brands according to Forbes.
A leader in video-based human insight, we believe the path to human understanding starts with shared insight—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. We’re for capturing the kind of human responses that don’t show up in a spreadsheet. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences, authentically, through an experience that’s uniquely, and intentionally, human.
We’re proud to have been named to the Inc. Best-Led Companies of 2021 and the Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 lists, along with having received a variety of additional workplace and corporate growth awards. Choosing to join our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming the way companies understand their customers and build better products and experiences. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding!
- Architecting, designing, and developing high quality, performant services.
- Delivering unit and feature tests for feature development.
- Collaborating with product and design partners.
- Working with a cross-functional team to deliver features.
- Partnering with internal engineering teams to understand and capture their needs.
- Proficient in Ruby and Java.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Capable of communicating a clear vision for service responsibilities and boundaries
- Familiarity with SOA best practices.
- Experience breaking up a monolithic code base into microservices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work across multiple time zones.
- Nice-to-have: Experience with authentication and authorization.
- Nice-to-have: Angular experience.
- Nice-to-have: GO experience.
- Demonstrates UserTesting’s values through work product and within day to day team interactions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years related experience required.
- Experience with working in Agile methodologies.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable. For jobs located in the United States, we prefer candidates located in or near one of these cities: Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, and Boston. We may consider candidates in certain other cities on a case by case basis. #li-remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄