Full Stack Engineer, Payment Methods
Stripe (View all Jobs)
Seattle, San Francisco, Remote (North America)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s payments products have helped to accelerate many of the world’s most innovative companies, and the Payments Methods team owns one of Stripe’s most critical workflows, a platform that processes billions of dollars in payments annually.
We see more and more payment methods coming to the Buy Now Pay Later, Wallets, Bank Debits and Bank Transfers space. These provide more benefits to merchants and enable functionality that was not present before. These innovations are only increasing as new payment methods come to market each month. The team is focused on increasing the coverage and adoption of locally preferred payment methods for all our users. This includes building the payment method platform and the payment method integrations, and working on the adoption funnel to increase usage.
What you’ll do
Engineers on the team have the opportunity to expand the reach of Stripe’s global payments network, design and implement novel payment capabilities, and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance.
Learn more about payment methods at Stripe’s Payment Methods Guide.
- Scope, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems
- Integrate with Stripe’s ever growing product landscape to give the user a unified experience across Stripe’s products and services
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
Who you are
We're looking for product-minded engineers who are passionate about building high polish user experiences and excited about collaborating with a diverse set of cross-functional team members. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Demonstrated experience of creating scalable solutions/designs for a diverse set of use cases.
- Have experience working with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Architects to build a product that spans across multiple teams and functions.
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- Put themselves in the shoes of users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise.
- Measure your success in terms of impact, not lines of code.
- Prior knowledge in the financial technology space, particularly in payment processing.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄