Full Stack / Mobile Software Engineer, Stripe Terminal
Stripe (View all Jobs)
US or Canada
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
The Terminal Integration Experience team is responsible for delivering surprisingly great integration experiences that just work. We lower barriers to Terminal adoption while reducing integration friction. We do this by providing SDKs, APIs, and UI that allow users to build customizable points of sale as well as get started quickly without writing much (or any) code.
What you’ll do
- Develop payments features for a variety of devices and form factors for merchants in the dining, retail, and hospitality industries
- Collaborate with web and mobile developers across Stripe to set best practices across development, testing, and release processes
- Build unique mobile-first features to make it seamless to manage a business on Stripe
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders across the company to bring new features and products to Stripe’s mobile and web users
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 3-8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Familiarity with SDKs/ APIs and tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, test and launch integrations
- Experience or interest in developing for embedded, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- The ability to listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Preference of simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and has a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- The ability to put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great developer and consumer experiences
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄