Staff Software Engineer - SRE
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
Mountain View, California
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Staff Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Offboard Software Reliability Engineering team. The SRE team is responsible for our metrics, monitoring, alerting, and SLO tracking systems as well as our incident management solution and defining our SRE processes at Aurora.
In this role, you will
- Work with teams across our engineering organization and help them to implement industry standard SRE principles in support of our first product.
- Design and/or guide the design of SLI/SLO/SLA tracking systems in order to best support our customers both internal and external.
- Build scalable monitoring, alerting and metrics systems that ensure support and platform software engineers have the information needed to make informed decisions.
- Strong understand of applying SRE practices to both commercial SaaS offerings and in-house developed services and processing pipelines
- Experience building and deploying production systems through various phases of maturity from POC to MVP to large customer base.
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring and Alerting Systems.
- Experience with Linux-based Operating Systems.
- Experience in cloud computing environments (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in Python, C++, and/or Go
- Solid problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Prior SRE experience.
- Prior Experience in the AV industry.
- Familiarity with eBPF or other continuous profiling of distributed systems
- Experience with OpenTelemetry and tracing of distributed systems
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄