Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Seattle, Washington; San Francisco, California
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
$73,000 - $92,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, ETL, Python
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Data
Data is central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. As a result, the analysts, scientists, and engineers that make up the Data team are uniquely positioned to advise and influence cross-functional projects. These projects cover a wide-range of topics including product strategy, user acquisition and journey, cryptocurrency performance and project development, and crypto’s position as a technology, industry, and asset class within the context of the global financial markets at large.
The Role: Data Engineer
As a member of our data engineering team, you’ll shape the way we approach data at Gemini by using your engineering, analytical and communication skills to work with teams across the business. You know how to ask the right questions and are passionate about using data to support and drive informed business decisions. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and are excited to take on challenging opportunities and projects. You’ll mentor data engineers and analysts and guide our internal teams to use data to improve the product and achieve KPIs. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Build scalable blockchain data processing pipelines with Databricks and Snowflake
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Work closely with data analysts to understand data integration and modeling requirements
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
- Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
- Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
- Takes ownership and can work autonomously
- 4+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 4+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL tools(Informatica, Pentaho, SSIS, Alooma, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Understanding of various blockchain assets and data structures
- Kafka, HDFS, Hive, Cloud computing experience is a plus
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge and exp
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $73,000 - $92,000 in Colorado and $81,000 - $114,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄