Service Delivery Origin & Destination Shuttle Module Lead
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Service Delivery Origin & Destination Shuttle Module Lead to join our Service Delivery team in Dallas, Texas.
In this role, you will
- Design, buy/develop and implement a solution that enables Aurora to be pre-notified regarding which carrier and trailer is expected at each terminal and when.
- This solution should enable carrier "fast-pass" at security. In addition, Security needs to be able to direct the carrier where to drop/pickup the trailer.
- Design, buy/develop, and implement Carrier pre-qualification solution.
- Enable fast-pass at gate for carrier and trailer validation.
- Partner with Terminal Team and integrate into YMS to pre-plan carrier trailer position in yard, enable security to direct carrier to location.
- Conduct BOL validation and upload to load in Aurora’s TMS.
- Design, develop and implement the carrier trailer pickup process and tools.
- Partner with Load Scheduling team to close load once trailer has departed our terminal.
- 5+ years in transportation - managing yards, terminals, or large warehouses.
- Experience designing or implementing other Appointment Management Systems or Gate Check Systems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years experience as a product owner or product manager.
- Experience working with Engineers to design/build a system.
- Experience working at or with a common carrier.
- Experience working at a YMS provider.
- High level of comfort working in ambiguity. Must be able to define the unknown, create structure and manage change.
The base salary range for this position is $177,000.00-$284,000.00 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄