Cloud Security Engineer
Airtable (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
$167,000 - $207,000.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support.
The Infrastructure Security Team at Airtable is responsible for ensuring the protection of customer data and internal services throughout our global environment. We maintain a close partnership with engineering and IT teams, but work with everyone across our organization. In this role, you’ll find endless learning opportunities and projects to test and refine new skills. If you’re driven to partner, learn, and grow, you’ll be right at home here.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Build and automate solutions to implement and monitor security controls across many AWS accounts
- Regularly assess our AWS architecture for weaknesses and propose solutions to address them
- Validate findings from penetration tests and compliance assessments
- Assist engineering teams as they migrate workloads into Kubernetes
- Cultivate relationships with other teams to improve our security culture
Who you are
- 3+ years of AWS engineering experience in a multi-account environment
- Prior security experience OR a desire to pivot into a full-time security role
- Have implemented/utilized IAM roles, policies, STS, and Service Control Policies
- Some functional experience with an Infrastructure-as-Code framework, such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Can demonstrate some operational knowledge of the Well-Architected Framework
- You assume best intentions and take an empathetic approach to working with individuals in other teams
- Functional understanding of Kubernetes and EKS
- Experience working with AWS Security Hub, Config, and other security related services
- Understanding of common exploitation techniques against AWS accounts and services
- Familiarity with Pacu or similar exploitation frameworks
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
The compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their location, relevant skills and experience. For Colorado based roles, the base salary range for this role is $167,000 - $207,000. The total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄