Salesloft (View all Jobs)
Remote - Mexico
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home project 3. Cultural-fit interview 4. Technical interview where candidate modifies take-home project
Programming Languages Mentioned
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Remote - Mexico
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the world’s elite talent.
At Salesloft, our Software Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Full Stack Engineering Team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to create impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can accomplish many sophisticated software development tasks with some direction and provide input into planning and estimation efforts. We are interested in people who will contribute to the organization outside of their delivery team (i.e. conferences, book clubs, internal meetups). We look for those who communicate within the team and will raise issues when struggling.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for contributing in planning and grooming sessions, coding, reviewing team members’ code, and providing ongoing support for the production product.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Software Engineer is the career path for you!
Salesloft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Software Engineers who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Engineering team consists of Full Stack engineers who work in all areas of the product, with the opportunity to develop in-depth expertise in an area of the platform. This specific opening is for a team that is focussed on building a UI for managing integrations, API access and our Enterprise API capabilities. You’ll be working as a Software Engineer enhancing our public API development portal, implementing 3rd party integrations, adding enhancements to the UI that 3rd party vendors use to manage their integrations, and building new API capabilities, all while being relentlessly focused on providing the highest quality of service to our customers. This team is also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 3+ years of experience building large scale web applications
- Familiar with fundamental software engineering concepts, including data structures, design patterns, best practices - (DRY, SOLID, YAGNI, TDD, etc.)
- API first mentality and skilled in API consumption
- Willingness to provide white glove support to our customers. The ability to understand their point of view and troubleshoot as needed.
- Preferred experience in an environment like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres (Citus), ElasticSearch, and Kafka
- Preferred Core language competencies (React, Elixir, Node, Ruby on Rails, Golang) The ideal candidate will have worked with more than one language.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend the half day introduction to Salesloft Engineering, where you will get a high level introduction to the architecture of the platform and learn the basic processes of the Engineering Team.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and be assigned to a development team.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Regularly commit production code
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be very knowledgeable of your team’s surface area
- Be able to take significant ownership for developing a new feature
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be a major contributor to team planning and execution
- Be mentoring support engineers on engineering practices and coding standards
- Achieve the results defined in your first set of OKRs
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
Salesloft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄