Tessera Data - Senior ETL Developer
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, C#, SQL, ETL
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This position is for our Tessera Data business, which is focused on building a safer future, online and offline, by providing valuable people data to drive informed trust and safety decisions. Our industry-leading data serves as the backbone for background checks used to protect a company’s employees, customers, and community
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior ETL (Extract Transform Load) Data Developer to join our Data Engineering team. To be successful, this individual will disassemble legacy ETL pipelines, identify and implement process improvements and lead the group in incorporating better techniques in their day to day duties.
In this role, the Senior ETL developer will be responsible for maintenance and enhancement of current SSIS packages and data pipeline configurations. Our Data Engineering team will be launching an AWS Data Pipelines buildout in the near future and this individual will be an integral part of that scoping and transitional work. We are looking for someone who is creative, inquisitive, and has natural leadership tendencies. Our company has a mission driven and community oriented culture.
This individual will be expected to exercise good judgment, identify gaps in processes, and remediate antiquated ETL techniques.
- Design, implement, and maintain ETL processes, procedures and policies in support of our data operations.
- Create efficient SSIS/SSDT packages for small and large data sets, ensuring performance, reliability, and consistency
- Automate SSIS/SSDT jobs and stored procedures
- Lead the team in implementing and improving SSIS Data Flow transformations
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Facilitate and work with teams to quickly identify, debug, and resolve technical project challenges.
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis.
- Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data.
- Develop stored procedures that conform to specific outputs and performance requirements to support.
- Create and maintain SQL agent jobs that provide customer reporting and data maintenance.
- Merge and analyze ambiguous data from disparate data sources
- Model and document processes and data flows
- 5+ years of experience in ETL or Data Engineering development
- Strong skills in SQL Server, SSIS/SSDT, C#, and .NET technologies
- Experience with UNIX, JAVA, Python, Azure Data Factory or AWS Glue
- Additional languages and toolsets are desirable
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Comfortable with shell scripting and UNIX shell scripting.
- Extensive experience loading and manipulating different file formats such as flat, csv, json or delimited
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $124,270-$146,200.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄