Senior Full Stack Marketing Developer
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
Programming Languages Mentioned
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
This Senior Full Stack Marketing Developer role will be reporting into the Senior Website Operations and Analytics Manager within our Demand Generation team. You will oversee the technical toolset and development strategy of Checkr’s Marketing owned websites. You will be responsible for building web solutions and features with best-in-class code that are beautiful, user friendly and will enable the Marketing team to easily leverage our website to drive revenue. You will strategize with our team to determine how our growth and optimization goals can best be achieved. You will keep up with the latest web trends, ensuring our sites are secure, compliant and modern.
- Own our full-stack website toolset, including Wordpress Open Source, GitHub, GitLab, Cloudflare, Fastly and Pantheon
- Manage all website environments (Dev, Stage and Prod) and oversee code releases of all sizes
- Partner with the Marketing team to create digital solutions that will generate revenue, improve tracking and analytics, and increase site engagement
- Build and iterate on CMS features and functionality
- Establish dynamic landing pages and custom content types that service multiple digital channels
- Continuously maintain or improve our site performance, staying on top of any technical issues that could impact SEO
- Support A/B testing programs and build page variation to improve conversion rates
- Integrate our site with a variety of Marketing tools, including Marketo, Clearbit, and Drift
- Interface with cross functional teams to launch new initiatives, sometime integrating with our product APIs
- Oversee website security, maintain patches and upgrades to mitigate vulnerabilities
What you bring:
- 4+ years experience in a developer or engineer role owning technical web solutions
- Expert in HTML, PHP, Vue.js, and CSS
- Very comfortable with open source CMS tools (Wordpress is a plus)
- Experience owning website infrastructure, including server settings, security tools, and cache
- Strong understanding of APIs and webhooks
- Comfortable developing custom themes, familiarity with Gutenberg blocks is a plus
- Familiar with leveraging and customizing plug-ins
- Familiar with how Marketing teams utilize websites for demand generation
- Understanding of what makes for a healthy website at top performance
- You are always learning and enjoy a challenge
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $120,658-$141,950.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄