Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Mobile
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Driver App and Mobile Infrastructure team is an integral part of our Fleet Applications / Connected Driver division. Our driver app serves over 100k drivers every day, and we’re excited to enter a new stage of growth and maturity as we scale 10x to 1M daily engaged users. We are both a user-facing feature team and an infrastructure team. Our user-facing features form the core driver experience upon which many other features (Routing, Docs, Messaging, Safety, Compliance) are built upon. Our team also builds a wide variety of infrastructure, including reusable UX components and design systems, SDKs, continuous integration systems, monitoring tools, and networking and persistence layer frameworks. The infrastructure we build is leveraged across multiple apps and business divisions (Fleet, Industrial, and Connected Sites), so our team’s impact across the company is far-reaching.
We use React Native, Typescript, Redux, and GraphQL for our mobile apps, and Golang for our backend. Direct experience with these technologies is not required. This position can be office-based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineering teams to build new and innovative application experiences for our mobile apps.
- Build the next generation of UX design systems for our mobile apps.
- Streamline developer experience by improving the efficiency and resiliency of our continuous integration systems, monitoring tools, and core development platform.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Has 4+ years of relevant industry experience in software development.
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals.
An ideal candidate also:
- Has 2+ years of experience on full-stack or infrastructure-focused teams.
- Has built production web applications using React or mobile applications using either Native or React Native frameworks.
- Enjoys thinking about systems - their life cycles, edge cases, interactions, and failure modes.
- Enjoys understanding customer needs and finding how to make their processes easier to manage.
- Loves shipping features that are immediately used by our customers.
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄