Commercial Finance Analyst
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - Americas, EMEA
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
As a Commercial Finance Analyst, you'll be a core member of the wider finance team and play a key part in our monthly business reviews, annual and quarterly planning and forecasting, and cross-functional alignment. Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical and independent thinker who has a desire to learn how to leverage business judgement, driven by data, to advise on critical financial, commercial and strategic decisions.
This role will report to our Head of Commercial Finance.
- Increase visibility to business operations by analyzing unit economics, drivers of variance, and other KPIs
- Participate in quarterly and annual financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and monthly budget reviews with business leadership
- Provide analysis of commercial initiatives that have a strategic or financial impact on the business
- Create objective analyses and processes for a fast-growing tech company to scale efficiently and make data-driven decisions
- Support multi-functional change projects designed to enhance systems, processes, and data accuracy
- Partner with and communicate business progress to key stakeholders against financial and strategic targets
Valued skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or related field
- Relevant experience in an analytically-rigorous finance or strategy role; preference for experience in a high-growth SaaS company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Curiosity and willingness to work on a wide range of projects
- Expert financial modeling spreadsheet skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting concepts; preference for IFRS knowledge
- Experience with reporting, CRM and ERP systems a plus
What Canonical offers:
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄