Senior Specialist, Post-War Contemporary
Artsy (View all Jobs)
1. Informal chat 2. Application 3. Phone screen 4. In-person interview with 1 lead, 2 individual contributors and 1 non-engineer (30-45 mins each), focusing on your work habits and expertise as demonstrated in your previous work 5. ~4 in-depth professional reference calls (30-45 mins each).
Programming Languages Mentioned
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking a senior leader and experienced Post War and Contemporary Art Specialist to drive our global expansion across this specialty.
This is a nascent team with opportunity for ownership in building an early stage business unit. The Senior Post War Contemporary Specialist will lead the category, will drive global collector development across new regions, and will influence how we scale.
In joining this team, you can expect an environment of collaboration, transparency, shared goals, and innovation. We’re working to create a global cultural shift in the way art is accessed and consumed and this role will be at the forefront of driving this change.
What You'll Do:
- Drive and lead the sourcing efforts for the category; manage a robust pipeline of consignments for sale on the Artsy platform from private collectors and top galleries
- Attract consignment property through your network of collectors to be sold through Artsy’s in-demand online auctions
- Lead and manage the authentication, cataloguing, curating and pricing of all consigned property
- Manage and expand relationships with private collectors and consignors
- As an expert in the category, serve as a thought partner to collaborators to grow and expand sales
Who You Are:
We welcome you to apply regardless of “checking all the boxes” below, and are excited to hear what you can bring to the team.
- This position is based in either New York City, London, or Berlin
- Extensive Specialist experience, a strong sales record, and an engaged client list
- 7+ years of professional experience working with collectors; be it through auction houses, art platforms, galleries, through advisory, or other
- Background and expertise in Post War and Contemporary Art
- Relationships with top private collectors and proven sales track record
- Strong operator, with deep comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, nimble and iterative, and driver of change
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Private healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, enhanced parental leave, Pension Plan, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme featuring free mental health support, physio, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄