Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 18M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit values. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Analytical Technical Services Organization (A-TSO) prides itself on it’s analytical abilities. The A-TSO is a part of the Data Collective (DC), a group of smaller organizations and “packs'' under the Product and Technology umbrella at Fetch that focus on delivering the benefits of an enormous data pipeline to our partners. Within the A-TSO there are three roles: ASMs, data analysts, and analytics engineers; All three roles work together to provide analytical solutions which are the backbone of revenue generation at Fetch.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Play with literally endless amounts of longitudinal shopper data. Enabling you to bring insights on brand and retailer purchase behavior, digital marketing performance, and shopper trends.
- Interact with stakeholders at the largest global CPG companies, US retailers, and/or restaurants (partners) on a regular basis. You will be charged with building trust in Fetch and Fetch data as an advisor to our partners, while influencing them to invest in Fetch in mutually beneficial ways.
- Oversee the delegation of these tasks to your teammates, manage timelines, and prioritize work based on it’s value to Fetch and it’s partners. This will include utilizing project management software to track tasks and communicating needs with a broad range of internal stakeholders from analytics and software engineers to data analysts and partner liaisons.
- Utilize your creativity by supporting the development of new data tools, including writing SQL queries, building tableau reports collaboratively, or having input on the development of software features!
We know we’re both succeeding when:
- Clear and concise communicator, which includes listening, questioning, and note-taking
- Understanding of retail metrics, loyalty metrics, and/or financial metrics
- Diligent self-starter that can provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Confidence to assert oneself and course-correct partners with tact
- Willingness to support others learning through documentation and presentations
- Intermediate SQL (CTEs, joins, window-functions)
- Understanding of basic descriptive statistics
- Understanding of basic principles of visualization
- Curiosity and drive to learn and develop new skills
- Most importantly, we all love it here. And we think you will too.
The ideal candidate:
- Strategic vision and data literacy: The ability to analyze, summarize, visualize, assign value to and communicate data and suggest brand/retail/restaurant strategies based on findings
- Project Management: The ability to communicate and solicit information to prioritize, execute, and/or delegate analytical tasks to teammates. To balance priorities while driving efficiency through process improvement and automation.
- Technical design: The ability to translate business requirements into technical languages and/or processes, primarily SQL, writing and executing SQL queries to explore data, and designing or providing guidance in the development of useful and clear visualizations in Tableau and other visualization tools.
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 3% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive PPO and HDHP plans (Dental | Vision | Life Insurance) in addition to pet insurance, fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Hybrid Work Environment: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Chicago or Birmingham 1 - 2 times per week. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄