Mode (View all Jobs)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite pair-architecting and discussion
Programming Languages Mentioned
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants from all states in India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values. Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
At Mode we are very excited to form a SDET team. This team will be a pioneer in coming up with an overall test strategy to drive engineering efficiency and scalability while giving the engineers the confidence to ship to production. As part of this team, you will design, develop new automation solutions, maintain existing automation platforms, including test execution, bug detection covering all aspects of different user journeys.
Our technical stack
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
What you'll do
- Designing automation frameworks, automating tests and qualifying builds for releases
- Build and evolve performance test infrastructure to validate scalability of the application
- Collaborate with products and developers to identify desired behavior, source of truth and accordingly build detailed test plans
- Work with DX to integrate your automation into the development, build, release and distribution pipelines for products
- Setup and evolve pipelines to trigger automation tests and capture test reports
- Increase test effectiveness and maintain test isolation
What we look for
- Experience in designing and developing test frameworks.
- Have a strong understanding of foundational programming concepts.
- Bug detection abilities and good analysis to root cause detection.
- Track record of improving build and release process quality and time to release.
- Communicating and collaborating asynchronously with globally distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Designing and maintaining fully automated build and release pipelines.
- Concepts and operation of environments on any cloud. We use AWS.
- Experience with UI Automation tools such as Selenium, Watir/Watin, Playwright, Karma, Chrome Webdriver, Ferrum, Capybara, Cypress.
- Exposure to data analytics and BI domain
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄