Software Engineer - Perception Platform
Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
We’re searching for a backend software engineer on the Perception team to design and build upon our evaluation platform. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing large-scale systems that track the autonomy development process and produce interactive metrics and insights. You’ll be writing analysis tools, generating and managing large datasets, and scaling out interconnected systems and services. The impact of your work will be fast and reliable ML model evaluation and involve tight collaboration within and across teams, including Simulation, Planning, Cloud, Tools, and more.
In this role, you will
- Architect powerful backend systems that flow into dynamic web services and visualizations
- Build scalable services and specialized systems for Perception analytics
- Improve the automation and reliability of large data processing pipelines
- Integrate backend data pipelines with human workflows in an efficient manner
- Significant ownership, independence, and leadership working across systems and teams
- BS / MS / PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent programming and software design skills in Python or C++/C
- Strong industry software experience (2-5 years) building distributed systems, cloud computing systems, or automated data pipelines
- Experience with storage and/or database systems
- Comfort working on large codebases and software systems
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with web service technologies (e.g., Flask, React)
- Experience with large-scale data analysis tools (e.g., Spark)
- Experience with containerized services in datacenter or cloud environments (e.g., AWS)
- Familiarity with rich sensor data (e.g., LIDAR, RADAR, camera)
- Knowledge of Perception and Autonomous Driving
The base salary range for this position is $152K-$227K per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄